Monday, June 24, 2019
Dragon’s Fire Golf Club
We would like to extend a warm invitation for you to participate in the 33rd Annual Lend-A-Hand Golf Tournament, in support of the Canadian Deafblind Association (CDBA).
With your generous support, the Lend-A-Hand Golf Tournament will be successful in supporting a number of essential programs and services to individuals who are deafblind and their families.
Did You Know?
- Deafblindness – both congenital and acquired – is a unique disability affecting an estimated 1 in 3000 Canadians. This has a significant impact on the health care concerns of our country.
- The loss of these two sensory modalities – hearing and sight – results in significant difficulties in accessing information, learning, communicating and participating in everyday life. Help those who are deafblind gain greater means of accessing information in order to lead more inclusive lives in the Canadian mainstream.
- The concept of “intervention” for persons who are deafblind – now recognized internationally – was in fact developed in Canada and we are the only country in the world with college programs to train Intervenors. Help ensure better living conditions and more grassroots opportunities for early and lifelong education.
How Can You Help?
- Form your own team. Great team building.
- Sponsor a hole. Great signage opportunity.
- Sponsor golf carts. Great signage opportunity.
- Make a donation towards the lunch, dinner and/or prizes. Great signage opportunity.
- Donate a prize. Great signage opportunity.
We look forward to seeing you at the Lend-A-Hand Golf Tournament on Monday, June 24th!
For more information:
Tom McFadden M.P.E., C.A.E.
National Executive Director
Canadian Deafblind Association
Toll Free: 1-866-229-5832