Return to full website
About | History | Mission Statement | Definitions | Beliefs | Awareness | Provincial Chapters | Board of Directors | Fundraising | Job Postings
Goals | Goal 1 | Goal 2 | Goal 3 | Goal 4 | Goal 5
Intervention | Principles | Competencies | Intervenor Services
Research | Deafblindness | Rubella News
Events | Chapter Events | National AGM | Conferences | Golf Tournament
[Image: CDBA National Logo]
The Canadian Deafblind Association (National)
Change Font Size [Image: Small A] [Image: Large A]
[Image: Facebook logo] [Image: Twitter logo]
Scrolling Banner Links:
Tee It Up for the 27th Annual Lend A Hand golf tournament!
Click here for information on the 2013 Congenital Rubella Survey questionnaire.
We gladly welcome feedback, questions, concerns or suggestions anytime. Contact us to let us know what you think.
[Image: CanadaHelps logo] Making a lasting donation is someone's memory.
[Image: Membership icon] Renew your membership or become a member of CDBA today!
CDBA (National) Lend A Hand Golf Tournament
[Image: Golf tournament logo] The 27th edition of the Lend-A-Hand annual golf tournament will be held on Monday, July 8, 2013 at the Nottawasaga Inn Convention Centre and Golf Course.
To register please follow this link.
There are great sponsorship opportunities for you or your organization to get involved and to participate in the golf tournament:
-$850.00 - Golf Team Registration
-$150.00 - Sponsor a golf hole
-$30.00 - Sponsor a golf cart
This promises to be an exciting day, and your participation will help to suppor a number of essential programs and services to individuals who are deafblind and their families.
Golf Day Itinerary:
9:30 AM Registration
10:45 AM BBQ Lunch
11:15 AM Assemble at Golf Carts
11:30 AM Shotgun Start
6:00 PM Buffet Dinner
[Image: Marsh logo] CDBA National would like to sincerely thank our major sponsor, Marsh Canada, for all their support and assistance in making this tournament possible.
[Image: Nottawasaga Inn logo] CDBA National would also like to thank the staff of the Nottawasaga Inn Resort & Conference Centre for helping us put on a fantastic event each year.
Use of Golf Tournament Profits
CDBA (National) has contributed to individuals who are deafblind, their families and the seven CDBA Chapters across the country by:
- Emergency Intervention Fund – there is a long standing organization policy whereby 10% of the profits of every golf tournament are automatically allocated to this fund
- Seven Canadian Conferences
- Public Awareness of deafblindness, intervention and the organization – Awareness Posters, Pamphlets, Brochures
- The development of intervenor competencies – ongoing project
- Sponsorship of an award to an outstanding student of the Intervenor Program at George Brown College
- Supported the artistic endeavours of individuals who are deafblind (Joseph’s Cards)
- Collaboration with the Canadian National Association of the Deafblind to develop a deafblind registry in Canada
- Congenital Rubella Syndrome Later Manifestations and Registry of Deafblind Persons in Canada Surveys and Reports
- Administer the Andrew Love Memorial Trust Fund
- Support the Prince Edward Island summer intervention program
- Development of a newsmagazine twice yearly
- Support to individuals to attend conferences on deafblindness & intervention
- Distribution of information from international conferences and contacts to chapters
- Supported the writing of the book “Wings”
- Supported the development of three 10 to 12 minute video tapes on deafblindness and intervention.
Copyright [Image: Copyright logo] 2013 The Canadian Deafblind Association (National)
Charitable Registration Number 11921 8956 RR0002