The purpose of this National Support Fund is to provide CDBA members living in Canada who are
deafblind with another option for acquiring funds to assist them with the purchase of:
1. Intervention services during or as the result of an emergency
2. Intervention services for individuals confined to a hospital
3. Specialized education or recreation programs
4. Specialized equipment
5. Other services or equipment resulting from specialized or unique circumstances
The funds provided are short term and are to supplement other sources of funds and not intended to
replace funding which may be otherwise available.
Defined as an unplanned event for which the individual or their advocate has had less than 14 days to
To add to other funding sources which may be insufficient to cover short-term hospital stays, short-term
special education programs or specialized equipment etc.
1. Those individuals who have been identified as deafblind and/or in a deafblind service program.
2. The individual or their family must be a member of CDBA.
REQUEST FOR FUNDING:
Requests for funding may be received from any source on behalf of any qualifying individual or family
from across Canada. The application form is available for download on the CDBA National website or by
contacting the CDBA National office. Requests must be submitted in writing (preferably using the
application form) and include the following information:
- Name of person who is deafblind;
- Name and address of person making request;
- Description of the circumstance for the request;
- Indication of any requests to other organizations for support and their response;
- Any other pertinent information concerning the request.
The amount of the award made for individual applications shall be at the discretion of the committee.
Individual awards shall not exceed 10% of the balance of the Fund.
There is no obligation to grant an award in response to a request. The committee may deny subsequent
requests made on behalf of the same applicant within the same calendar year.
The committee members shall not disclose to anyone outside the committee any particulars regarding
individual requests; the reason(s) for its decisions; and/or the amount of any award.